First Time Home Buyers Guide
Excitement & Nervousness
Buying your first Jonesboro home is an exciting time for sure! It can also be a little unnerving too. Below are a few simple tips to help you make the most of buying your first Jonesboro home. Just remember, we are the Jonesboro home buying professionals and we have helped thousands of other Jonesboro first-time home buyers just like you purchase their home. You can count on our team to walk you through every step of your real estate transaction to your complete satisfaction.
Compromise & Communication
As a couple buying your first Jonesboro area home, it is important to remember to be ready to compromise on a home’s features. In addition, you should practice maintaining good lines of communication too. Maintaining good lines of communication with your spouse and with your Fred Dacus Associates Realtor is important. It creates an efficient first-time home buying process, plus it will make your home buying experience much more pleasant too!
Know the Difference Between What You Want & What You Need
Before searching for your first Jonesboro area home, it is recommended you make a list of your “wants” and your “needs” in your first home. Just to clarify, your wants are what you “desire” in a home and your needs are what you absolutely “must” have in your first Jonesboro home.
Below are a few questions to help you prioritize your wants and needs in your first Jonesboro area home:
- How close do you want to live to your office or to your family?
- Do you prefer to live in the country or in town?
- Are schools important to your first home buying decision?
- Are you willing to pay homeowners dues for amenities like a golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool, walking trails, and other recreational facilities?
- Do you wish to purchase your first home near shopping?
- Are you looking for a neighborhood that contains lots of younger families with small children?
- Are you looking for a quieter neighborhood environment with less small children?
- Has the neighborhood you are interested in held its value? (Our agents can provide statistics.)
Once you’re ready to begin your search for your first Craighead County home, remember these helpful house hunting tips:
- Always preview homes together with your Fred Dacus Associates agent.
- We will eliminate homes that fail to meet your search criteria and your finances.
- Keep track of the houses you’ve seen by bringing along a camera.
- Be sure to take notes both positives and negatives about each home.
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- Food powers the brain - don’t go hungry. Our office has a water cooler.
- Our agents will provide bottled drinking water.
- If you have small children, consider a babysitter. Once you've narrowed your choices, you can bring them along.
- Limit your daily search to 4 homes.
- Limit your search to homes that fit your budget
Are You Ready to Get Started?
After you have prioritized your wants and needs for your first Jonesboro home, now you’re ready to begin your home search. Contact us, Fred Dacus Associates and we will schedule a first-time home buyers consultation to discuss how we will help make your first Jonesboro home buying dream come true.