Jonesboro Home Sellers FAQ's
Jonesboro Home Seller Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a few of the most frequently asked questions by home sellers in the greater Jonesboro area.
Q – How do I set the “right” selling price for my Jonesboro home?
A – When selling your Jonesboro home, setting the right price is absolutely critical to your home selling success. We recommend you follow these steps to insure you’ve set the best price for your home:
- Understand what the current real estate market conditions are and accumulate the recent sales and competing properties currently on the market. Be prepared to price your home based on current data and not emotional attachment to your home.
- Compare apples to apples and take into consideration factors like the square footage, number of rooms, location, and overall condition of your Jonesboro home.
- Real estate market conditions can and do change. Prices are constantly changing based on the current market condition. We recommend you base your home’s price on the most recent comparable sales in your neighborhood.
- Request a Fred Dacus Associates Home Valuation (CMA) — a background and analysis that helps determine a fair market value for your home.
- Due to the competitive nature of our market and before placing your Jonesboro home, flat or townhome on the market, make sure your home is staged for top dollar and the curb appeal for your single-family home is spectacular!
Q – I have read a great deal of negative news about the mortgage problems, is there a “best” time to sell my Jonesboro house?
A – From a national perspective, yes home sales have slowed in many areas. Here in the Jonesboro area, our real estate market remains very upbeat. Positive signs continue to look bright with job opportunities opening at Alberto-Culver and other new corporations. Another factor is the time of year you choose to list your home for sale. Remember - buyers buy homes year round. While the market does traditionally shrink somewhat during the holidays, home sales rebound nicely as spring approaches. The strongest selling season is typically during the spring months through July. August is often one of the slowest months of the year, mostly because home buyers and sellers alike take summer vacations.
Q – What do you recommend to help me sell my home faster (and for more money)?
A – We can recommend several tips to helping you position your Jonesboro for maximum value and have it sale quicker. Generally speaking, a house will sell quicker when it has updated kitchens and baths plus it must be well-maintained, staged to maximize space and remove clutter, and priced correctly for the market conditions. If your home offers great curb appeal and priced right it will not only sell more quickly, but it is likely it will sell for top dollar too!
Ready To List Your Jonesboro Home On The Market?
If so, contact Fred Dacus Associates today for your initial home selling consultation. With more than 600 collective years of home selling expertise, Jonesboro home sellers hire the largest professional group of Realtors Jonesboro has to offer. Click or call us today!